Dancers competing / taking Grade Exams under inSpiral Dance Company must follow CLRG and RCCEA rules.
The rules of the dance school must be approved when registering for weekly classes and workshops.
Weekly classes and courses
Registration and fees
- Registration for inSpiral Dance Company Finland’s classes and courses (including workshops) is binding regardless of whether the registration is done via an online form or by email. Fees must be paid by the due date for all completed registrations.
- Late payments will accrue interest and fees as per the Finnish law.
- The dance school does not have insurance for its dancers, so the student is responsible for their own insurance.
Weekly class registrations are valid throughout the school year (autumn + spring) unless canceled in accordance with the terms below.
- Course (incl. workshop) registrations cannot be cancelled after the registration deadline unless stated otherwise in the course description. However, a class can be exchanged for another class for the same or lower price, subject to availability.
- If a cancellation is not made on time according to the rules below, fees must be paid in full. Not showing up in a class/course or failure to pay the invoice are not cancellations. No refunds are made for registrations cancelled during a term or a period.
Payment options and cancellations
Payment options for weekly classes may vary by city.
For more information, see the weekly class pages of each city.
- Dancers who have selected term fees may cancel their registration for the spring term by informing the school by email at least two weeks before the beginning of the term. This also applies to changing terms fees to period fees.
- Dancers who have selected period fees may cancel their registrations from the beginning of a new period by informing the school by email at least two weeks before the beginning of the period. This also applies to the beginning of the spring term.
The dance school's non-open events
- Events, which are open only to the dancers of our school, can be attended by:
- (I) dancers with current registration for local weekly classes AND who attend these classes regularly.
AS WELL AS
- (II) local teachers registered as members of Irish Dance Finland who have paid their yearly membership fee.
- If a dancer resides in an area where teaching is offered only as shorter courses/workshops, or there are no classes suitable for the dancer’s level, they should contact the local teacher to find out how (I) is applied.
- Dancers residing in areas with no local teaching at all can contact the committee of Irish Dance Finland ry directly. If necessary, (II) may be applied in these cases.
Competing / Grade Exams
inSpiral Dance Company Finland is registered under An Coimisiún le Rincí Gaelacha (CLRG) and follows the rules of CLRG.
- Dancers competing / taking Grade Exams under inSpiral Dance Company are not allowed to attend regular classes or compete with another CLRG registered dance school or TCRG. According to rules of CLRG, you can compete / take Grade Exams with only one (1) dance school.
- In order to compete, a dancer must attend weekly classes regularly and take part in three (3) of inSpiral Dance Company Finland’s TCRG Tereza Bernardová’s workshops (contact or online) per year. The rule applies to all dancers who compete internationally and take the CLRG Grade Exams.
- If the dancer competes, he / she must pay the competitor’s registration fee to TCRG Tereza Bernardová each year (for the period 9/22-8/23 the fee is 20 €). The fee should be paid with the first competition / or exam.
The fee does not apply to a dancer who takes part only in Class feis (school feis organised only for dancers from our school) or a competition organised by our school.
- Dancers must dress appropriately and according to the CLRG costume rules.
- The full and up-to-date versions of CLRG (https://www.clrg.ie/index.php/en/rules.html) and RCCEA rules (http://www.europeirishdancing.com/rules) are available on their website.
- If a dancer cannot take part in the event, he/she has to arrange an alternative class option directly with TCRG.
- If a dancer wishes to attend a dance workshop led by another dancer or dance teacher outside inSpiral Dance Company, he/she is required to ask permission to attend from TCRG beforehand. This applies to all tutors whether they are registered or not with CLRG. The association lasts for two years from the last workshop and has to be noted at the annual CLRG registration.
- Classes start if there are enough registrations for them. Classes can be cancelled or combined if the number of registrations decreases below the starting limit at the change of period or term. Registered participants will be informed of the start, cancellation or combining of classes after the last registration or cancellation date.
- Dance steps may only be videoed with a teacher’s permission, and such videos may only be used as an aid for practicing. Publishing videos is strictly prohibited.
- Missed classes can be made up by attending other classes in the dance school. For more information, please contact your teacher.
- If a dancer or affiliated company/group decides to leave inSpiral Dance Company, they are not allowed to dance, perform or display in any form inSpiral Dance Company dance material.
Instructions for dance classes
- Dancers must wear clothing suitable for Irish dance in classes: comfortable clothes that do not prevent movements, e.g. a t-shirt and shorts.
Beginners may also wear e.g. ballet slippers or dance sneakers; for the first classes you can also come in just socks.
At higher levels, appropriate shoes (soft/hard shoes) are necessary. You will receive instructions from your teacher on how to buy soft and hard shoes for Irish dance.
- Remember to bring a water bottle.
- Please arrive on time. Warm-up and technique sections are an essential part of classes.
- Bring a good mood and lots of energy with you to class!